Thursday, April 24, 2008

Feelings

I don't think anyone understands what one getting ready for a PAO is going through except fellow PAOers. Here are the things/feelings/thoughts that consume my head and will until I'm on the other side of this operation......
Scared
Pissed
Nausea
Sad
Guilty
Hurt
Unsure of my future
Scared about my job (this post is coming)
Scared about the pain afterwards
Scared for Adam having too much on his plate afterwards

Lack of support at work (except a wonderful few)
How do I take a bath?
What if I don't wake up?
What's the pain like after waking up?
Why me?
I just wanted to start a family, not become a baby again
Loss of independence
How will everything I do get done?
I want to stop crying
Nervous
Tired
In pain
Can't sleep
Don't want to be put under
The financial aspect (questions are numerous)
How do I put it all aside in my head or do I?
Why doesn't anyone seem to understand?
Which chair would be best for my shower?
My parents shouldn't be having to care for me, I'm 29!!!!!
I just thought it was a pulled muscle.



3 comments:

Cassie said...

Brenna,
I'm glad that you've found my blog and the others' to help you through the upcoming months. We're all willing to answer your questions and give advice, so don't hesitate to ask for e-mails or phone numbers if you want to talk.
The planning and waiting was the hardest part for me. The surgery and everything afterward has been SO much easier than I thought it would be. Be as organized and prepared as you can beforehand, and you'll find that many of your fears were for nothing. It's tough, but you'll get through it. Promise.
Take care,
Cassie

MY PAO STORY said...

As Cassie said - all of us "hip Sisters" are there for each other!! Any questions - just ask!
Beth :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Gang! We're here to answer any question big or small. I am 6 months post surgery and 110% sure that I made the right decision. I know there are plenty of others that feel the same way. Cass is right the waiting is the hardest part and you learn that you are tougher than you ever thought you were. In a way it is a very empowering experience. Not one we would have chosen for ourselves but never the less empowering. Hang in there!
Lauren