Monday, August 4, 2008

A Looonnnggg Day

Today has been one of the longest days since I've been going out. Today I went to my great aunt's funeral (Catholic ceremony), then the graveside and then to eat. I then went to get my blood drawn in Wilson (which is about 20 min.) from my house and then to my house for my daily shower and to check on my pets (staying with the parents now during husband's shifts). I got back to my parent's about 5:30pm I sat for about an hour and then got up to go eat and sweet heavens!!!!! My hip/leg feels like it's back at week 2, not week 5. This is the first day that I have gotten up and stayed out and busy all day though. I'm exhausted and needless to say HURT!! I'm still making small improvements. I can now sleep comfortably on my non-operative side and some what comfortable on my stomach. I am more motivated to get things done. My head feels clear. I am 2 1/2 weeks out from my next post-op appointment. I can't wait to go and get started with physical therapy afterwards. I would love/can't wait to start using my crutches so I feel a little more free. I can't wait to progress. I'm doing well and although it's small steps I'm still quite proud of myself.

No comments: