Friday, June 27, 2008

Pre-op Appointment Today

Today I went for my pre-op appointment today at Duke. It wasn't so bad, minus the small meltdown I had with the NP. She was so nice. So here's the run down of today's appointment.

I have to pay $2100 out of pocket as of right now (Good luck coming up with that)
I didn't have to do an EKG or anything. They just took about 6 vials of blood. Not so bad, huh?
I told the nurse practitioner that I was really nervous due to the fact I've never had anything and then she asked was I sleeping and I told her no! She asked was I hurting. I said constantly and then I started crying about the whole job thing and she instructed me to do the following:
1. Take some Celebrex for the pain........supposedly it'll make post-op pain not quite as bad!!!
2. Take some Oxycodone if the Celebrex doesn't work.
3. Take my valium as prescribed and not to just keep staring at the bottle.
4. Take 1 1/2 - 2 valium the morning of my surgery.

She was super sweet and I couldn't speak highly enough of her. She listened! That's more than anyone besides my partner at work and family have done. She states that it just won't be that bad! She says that my insurance pays for 5 days, but as healthy as I am I could possibly be out in 2-3 days. They will get me up the day after surgery. My surgery is predicted at 3 hours. That's not as bad as I thought.

The main thing for me the NP said was to take care of me, try to get as much sleep as I could and don't work anymore. Good luck with that! Those freaks that are my office won't let me off at all on Monday. She says that I need to take care of me and relax some. Tomorrow I will prep the house as much as possible then Sunday is nap and rest day!

I've already taken my Celebrex for the day. No real difference yet, but I do feel more relaxed. I'm about to take a nice long bath and get ready for bed so I can get up early and finish everything around the house and then get ready to rest.

I'll keep everyone posted!

T-minus 4 days!!!!!

No comments: