Sunday, June 29, 2008

T-Minus 2 Days

Okay, so I have the rest of today and tomorrow to go. I'm not feeling all that great today. I've been leaning to my left and now my left feels like my right. Oh well. I guess that'll just mean that I'll fix that one quicker than I was planning on. My family has been great today as well as my church family. I went to church this morning and my mother and grandmother went with me to the altar and the preacher said a prayer for me and I quit crying and realized it's in God's hands on Tuesday. It still doesn't mean I'm not scared crapless, but I know he'll do what's best for me. I finished everything in the house, but still feel like there is stuff to do. I've been taking Valium as prescribed and that seems to keep me from breaking down and crying every two minutes. It's just scary. I'm not trying to sound like a cry baby, but I'm just scared. It's something I've never been through. I know I'll do fine afterwards, but I just want to go to that point. I still can't believe I have to work a whole day tomorrow! They are ridiculous. I've packed my bag with the help of all the wonderful women on the hip forum on yahoo.
Here's what I've packed:
No Rinse shampoo
Several pairs of loose pj/lounge pants
several t-shirts
underwear (just in case I'm able to wear them)
1 book
short term disability papers
handicap placard
extra throw blanket
toothbrush

That's it right now. I'm sure I'll find something else to cram in my bag. I didn't sleep well at all last night, so I decided not to take a nap today and am about to take a Benadryl to help me sleep tonight. I've set up my over the toilet thingy and am hoping that my husband quits putting off my shower chair (he promised to put it together.) I have to work all day tomorrow so I'm going to get ready for bed now.

No comments: