Saturday, June 21, 2008

9 Days to go - What I've done to get ready



Well I'm down to nine days and I'm a little more nervous! I'll list what I've done so far to get ready.




CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN (the oven, fan blades, couches steamed cleaned, washing everything)


Purchased a shower transfer bench from Amazon

Got my temporary handicap placard from the DMV for 3 months

Got the dog cleaned!!! (She was gross)

Redid the main bathroom that I'll be using.

Purchased a hip kit from Amazon as well.
Got my magazines ready for the hospital. (I figured from everyone else' post that I won't be really focused on reading a book)
Got my short term disability papers ready for the orthopaedic surgeon so we can afford brand name beenie weenies when I'm out of work!!!!
So far I feel that I've gotten a lot done. I'm doing my main cleaning of the house next Saturday. I'm getting scared about it now. The fact that I cleaned the bathroom floor this morning on my hands and knees scared me when i realized I don't know when I'll be able to do this again. My family has been great. I'm in pain pretty much all the time and can never get comfortable so I'm ready for the PAO in that respect. Well I'm off to do more stuff to get ready.

1 comment:

Marina said...

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences! I was wondering what the process for the short term disability was - did your work take care of it all or did you have to do it? how far in advance?

Thanks!