Sunday, July 20, 2008

2 1/2 week Post Op Appointment

I went on Friday to Duke to my 2 1/2 week post op appointment...........and saw my OS's NP. She's AWESOME!!!!

1. Got my bandage and steri strips off..........don't have staples or stitches.........my skin is glued back together. My incision is about 7 inches long and looks real good. As soon as I get a pic I'll try and post it.
2. I can shower
3. I got a prescription for Ambien due to the fact I'm not sleeping but about 3 hours in 24 hours.
4. Still can't bear more than 30lbs. (just putting my foot flat on the floor) for 4 more weeks
5. Prescription for PT..............don't want to cash that ticket in until after I can bear more weight

Overall I had a good check up. She was impressed with the incision and how well I'm moving about. I'm not that impressed, but I guess it's because I'm ready to be back to normal though. I'm ready to be walking.............keep having dreams about walking..............but I guess it's good to dream!

No comments: