Tuesday, July 29, 2008

4 weeks post op

Well I'm exactly four weeks post op today. What a long 4 weeks it has been. I swear it feels like forever ago and forever to go. I don't have another post op appointment until August 21st. I'm still using my walker but feel pretty strong so I want to move to crutches, but my local physical therapy office states they need a specific prescription for teaching me to use crutches and come off the walker. I don't want to come off the walker completely but use the crutches during the day and walker at night when I start to wear down.
Cans:
1. Shower on my own.
2. Shave my legs
3. Put my pants on
4. Fix myself something to eat
5. Sleep on my non-operative side
(ALL THESE THINGS AREN'T DONE AS NORMAL, BUT DONE THE BEST WAY I KNOW HOW)

Can't:
1. Put socks on
2. Lift my leg straight up
3. Stand alone in the shower
4. Bear more than 30lbs on operative leg

I want everyone about to go through this to understand that to do everything takes forever! I still am very frustrated, sad, and so sore by 7-8pm every night. I can't wait to bear more weight and start to do things I use to! I am ready to start learning to drive again and would die to get in a pool and do some exercises without pressure/weight. This has been a trying experience in patientence and faith in others. I couldn't have made it this far without my mom, dad, and husband. They do everything I can't. I hate doing that too. I'm the nurse and I'm the one who is suppose to care for everyone else. I sit around and read, exercise my leg, play on my computer and wish my next 8 weeks away. I know you're not suppose to wish your life away, but it's hard to be so dependent and not able to move like you want. I'm doing okay though. I didn't have any complications thank God so far. Lots of prayers and thanks to the prayers of others. Well I just wanted everyone to know how my first 4 weeks have been.

No comments: