Monday, July 7, 2008

Not so fun yesterday!!!!

Well....so far being home has been nice in a way. Yesterday however was not so hot. I slept so much yesterday and didn't really move around that much that last night I slept horrible and cried from about 7 to 9. I was just frustrated, hurting, not being able to get my mind to grasp the concept that I have to take it easy. I didn't sleep at all last night and still frustrated when waking. I was never prescribed a long acting pain killer. The oxycodone works fine, but wears off at exactly 4 hours. So this morning my grandmother came over and fixed french toast and bacon. I ate the most I've eaten since I've been home. I took a 3 hour nap. I got up and decided to change my mindset. I completed several exercises with the help of my father which was now on duty. I did the knee bends, leg lifts, etc., etc. I stood up and moved my leg out to the side and behind. God, it felt good to stretch. Then I folded two blankets, put a phone book back in place, fed the cat, and then made some phone calls to handle my short term disability and actually called my OS's NP and she is prescribing me an extended release pain pill for about 2 weeks. I've done okay today so far. I haven't taken a nap yet. I've decided to keep my mind active and then my daily sponge bath is in about 3 hours. I would kill to wash my hair the real way to blow dry it. I hate this no rinse thing every two or three days! I'm planning on Friday to attend my cousins birthday at my grandmother's house just to get out of the house. I think that is half the mind battle. I hate being in the house and staring outside and not being able to run outside. thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. If anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to contact to ask. P.S. Thank God I've had no problem with constipation!!!!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Hi Brenna! I'm so glad to know that you're on the "other side" with us now! I was very emotional for the two weeks I was on narcotics, so that could be part of what you're feeling. Just remember that each day is going to be better than the last. You have so much to look forward to!
Cassie